About Alina I Morrow, LPC-S, CAMS II, GC, CCTP
Alina Morrow obtained the first part of her education in Europe by graduating with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology from Lucian Blaga University in Sibiu, Romania, and a Master’s of Science Degree in Psychological Counseling and Psychotherapy (a 60 credit hour master's degree) from the University of Cluj, Romania.
As part of her university course work, Alina individually conducted two research studies on pioneering topics for the Romanian culture in the early 2000s. One of those studies focused on marriage problems associated with alcohol addiction and included the development of an intervention model to increase marital satisfaction.
She also completed a 3-year internship with the only Romanian in-patient treatment facility for men suffering with alcohol and drug addiction. During her education, she also interned as a counselor with the local psychiatric hospital.
In 2007, Alina moved to Oklahoma and continued her education. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Oklahoma State University with a Master’s of Science Degree in Community Counseling, (a 60 credit hour master's degree).
She completed her required internship with Brookhaven Hospital and was employed there as a weekend thereapist from 2012 to 2015. Her work with the amazing team of professionals from Brookhaven addressed the needs of patients affected by challenging diagnoses and acute symptoms. An important part of that in-patient treatment was working with families to improve communication and increase support between family members. Concurrently, Alina worked full time as a community counselor for two local agencies helping families living on a low and limited income cope with various mental health problems.
Currently, Alina provides community counseling services to area residents at her private practice, Morrow Counseling & Psychotherapy, PLLC. She started her own private practice in October 2013.
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- LPC Supervisor, Oklahoma
- Certified Anger Management Specialist Level II
- Certified Grief Counselor
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- American Counseling Association
- National Anger Management Association
- Oklahoma Counseling Association
- Oklahoma Mental Health Counseling Association
My Approach to Helping Couples:
1. Marriage counseling can help improve your relationship by processesing uncomfortable feelings and addressing difficult issues.
2. I provide a safe environment for partners to discuss their problems.
3. I will monitor your progress, mediate conflicts, and provide objective feedback.
4. I use a neutral, non-judgemental approach. I do not "take sides."
5. I provide flexibility in allowing the couple to move at their own pace.
Alina Morrow, LPC
I like to be easily accessible for everyone and I can be reached by telephone 7 days a week until 7 pm at 918 403-8873 unless I am with a client or in a meeting. Please leave a message and I will return your phone call in a timely manner. You can also Text me or send me an ---###---